RSF | VE
Makes 1 standard size loaf
What you need:
1 3/4 cups spelt flour
2 scoops (63g) Whole Earth & Sea® Fermented, Organic Protein & Greens powder in vanilla chai flavour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled, organic pumpkin puree (this is about ¼ of a raw pumpkin, diced into small cubes and steamed for approximately 15 minutes)
1/2 cup melted organic coconut oil
2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat and oven to 180 degrees bake & line a standard sized loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Transfer the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold through until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf tin and place into the oven to bake for at least 1 hour.
When a skewer can be removed clean from the centre of the loaf, the loaf is baked through. If still slightly wet, continue cooking for increments of 10 minutes at a time.
This loaf does take a little longer to cook.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Top with pumpkin seeds (pepitas), slice into thick pieces and serve either with butter or on its own.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes